The politics of African industrial policy : a comparative perspective
The politics of African industrial policy : a comparative perspective / Lindsay Whitfield, Roskilde University, Denmark; Ole Therkildsen, Danish Institute for International Studies, Copenhagen; Lars Buur, Roskilde University, Denmark; Anne Mette Kjær, Aarhus University, Denmark.
|Main author:||Whitfield, Lindsay, 1978- (Author)|
|Other authors:||Therkildsen, Ole.Buur, Lars.Kjær, Anne Mette.|
Table of Contents:
- The puzzle of limited economic transformation in Africa
- The case for economic transformation and industrial policy
- Assessing economic transformation in Africa
- Elaborated political settlements theory and clientelism in Africa
- Increased vulnerability and contestation in Mozambique and Tanzania
- Dispersed power and elite fragmentation in Ghana and Uganda
- Mozambique : between elite capture and pockets of efficiency
- Tanzania : intense contestation within a weak dominant party
- Ghana : competitive clientelism and weak capitalists
- Uganda : competing factions and conflicting elite interests
- Conclusions and perspectives.