Professing selves : transsexuality and same-sex desire in contemporary Iran
|Level B||Classmark: NT306.7 /513201||On loan – Due: 15-10-2020 Request|
|Level B||Classmark: NT306.7 /513201||Available Request|
Professing selves : transsexuality and same-sex desire in contemporary Iran / Afsaneh Najmabadi.
|Main author:||Najmabadi, Afsaneh, 1946-|
Table of Contents:
- Entering the scene
- "Before" transsexuality
- Murderous passions, deviant insanities
- "Around" 1979 : gay Tehran?
- Verdicts of science, rulings of faith
- Changing the terms : playing "Snakes and ladders" with the state
- Living patterns, styles of cognition
- Professing selves : sexual/gender proficiencies.