The making of a protest movement in Turkey : #occupygezi
The making of a protest movement in Turkey : #occupygezi / edited by Umut Özkirimli, Lund University, Center for Middle Eastern Studies, Sweden.
|Other authors:||Özkırımlı, Umut.|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Umut Özkirimli
- A moment of elation : the Gezi protests/resistance and the fading of the AKP project / Soliözel
- Brand Turkey and the Gezi protests : authoritarianism in flux, law, and neoliberalism / Asli Igsiz
- Gülenism : the middle way or official ideology? / Cihan Tugal
- Can the spirit of Gezi transform progressive politics in Turkey? / Onur Bakiner
- White turks, black turks, and negroes : the politics of polarization / Michael Ferguson
- Occupy Gezi as politics of the body / Zeynep Gambetti
- Cruising politics : sexuality, solidarity and modularity after Gezi / Emrah Yildiz
- Urban utopias and how they fell apart : the political ecology of Gezi park? / Ömür Harmansah
- In lieu of conclusion : rallying for Gezi, or metaphors of aporia and empowerment / Spyros A. Sofos
- Timeline of Gezi protests.