Socializing states promoting human rights through international law
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Oxford Scholarship Online.|
Socializing states [electronic resource] : promoting human rights through international law / Ryan Goodman and Derek Jinks.
|Main author:||Goodman, Ryan.|
|Corporate Authors:||Oxford Scholarship Online Law|
|Other authors:||Jinks, Derek.|
Connect to electronic book via Oxford Scholarship Online.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : rethinking state socialization and international human rights law
- Three mechanisms of social influence
- Acculturation of states : the theoretical model
- Acculturation of states : the empirical record
- Conditional membership : socialization and the community delimitation
- Precision of legal obligations : socialization and rule-making
- Monitoring and enforcement : socialization and rule-breakers
- State acculturation and the problem of compliance
- Toward an integrated model of state socialization
- Conclusion: taking stock and future research.