Global legal pluralism a jurisprudence of law beyond borders
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Cambridge Books Online.|
Global legal pluralism [electronic resource] : a jurisprudence of law beyond borders / Paul Schiff Berman.
|Main author:||Berman, Paul Schiff.|
|Corporate Authors:||Cambridge Books Online.|
Connect to electronic book via Cambridge Books Online.
Table of Contents:
- A world of legal conflicts
- The limits of sovereigntist territoriality
- Universalism and its discontents
- Towards a cosmopolitan pluralist jurisprudence
- Procedural mechanisms, institutional designs, and discursive practices for managing pluralism
- The changing terrain of jurisdiction
- A cosmopolitan pluralist approach to choice of law
- Recognition of judgments and the legal negotiation of difference