Alternative Islamic discourses and religious authority
Alternative Islamic discourses and religious authority / edited by Carool Kersten and Susanne Olsson.
|Other authors:||Kersten, Carool.Olsson, Susanne.|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: alternative Islamic discourses and religious authority / Carool Kersten and Susanne Olsson
- Ijtihad and the derivation of new jurisprudence in contemporary shiʻism: the rulings of Ayatollah Bujnurdi / Liyakat Takim
- Judicial and rational challenges of the jurist's rule / Mohammad Fazlhashemi
- Muslims' perception of Fethullah Gülen and the Hizmet Movement: accommodating or hindering modern Turkey? / Zeki Saritoprak
- A Turkish mahdi? Apocalypticism in Harun Yahya's daʻwa enterprise / Anne Ross Solberg
- ʻAmr Khaled on individual proactivity / Susanne Olsson
- Harmonious being: a space for an alternative way of exploring religion / Abdullah Hamidaddin
- Islamic post-traditionalism: revisiting tradition and the future of Islam in Indonesia
- Carool kersten
- Women's agency in transforming religious discourse: gender-sensitive interpretations of Islam in Indonesia / Ann Kull
- Treading a dangerous path? the use of Islam in women's rights advocacy / Nida Kirmani.