Courtesans, concubines, and the cult of female fidelity : gender and social change in China, 1000-1400
Courtesans, concubines, and the cult of female fidelity : gender and social change in China, 1000-1400 / Beverly Bossler.
|Main author:||Bossler, Beverly Jo.|
Table of Contents:
- Machine generated contents note: pt. One Culture, Politics, and Gender in the Northern Song
- 1.Courtesans and the Northern Song Elite
- 2.The Courtesan as Concubine
- 3.Prose, Politics, and Prodigies
- pt. Two Markets, Mayhem, and Morality in the Southern Song
- 4.Performance Anxiety
- 5.Entertainers to Ancestors
- 6.Loss, Loyalty, and Local Leverage
- pt. Three Conquerors and Culture in the Yuan
- 7.Exemplary Entertainers
- 8.Performers, Paramours, and Parents
- 9.Entertaining Exemplars.