The Arabs of the Ottoman Empire, 1516-1918 : a social and cultural history
The Arabs of the Ottoman Empire, 1516-1918 : a social and cultural history / Bruce Masters, Wesleyan University.
|Main author:||Masters, Bruce Alan, 1950-|
Table of Contents:
- 1. The establishment and survival of Ottoman rule in the Arab lands, 1516-1798
- 2. Institutions of Ottoman rule
- 3. Economy and society in the early modern era
- 4. A world of scholars and saints: intellectual life in the Ottoman Arab lands
- 5. The empire at war: Napoleon, the Wahhabis, and Mehmed Ali
- 6. The Tanzimat and the time of re-Ottomanization
- 7. The end of the relationship
- Conclusion: for the faith and state.