Bollywood and globalization : the global power of popular Hindi cinema
Bollywood and globalization : the global power of popular Hindi cinema / edited by David J. Schaefer and Kavita Karan.
|Other authors:||Schaefer, David J.Karan, Kavita.|
Table of Contents:
- The big stick behind "soft power"? The case of Indian films in international markets / Sunitha Chitrapu
- Bollywood at large: who is watching Bollywood films? / Anjali Gera Roy
- Transnational elements in the Hong Kong and Hindi film industries: a comparative analysis / Suruchi Mazumdar
- Box office and "Bollywood": an analysis of soft power content in popular Hindi cinema / David J. Schaefer
- Cinematic soft power and contraflows: the prevalence of South Asian culture and art in popular Hindi cinema / David J. Schaefer ... [et al.]
- The impact of globalization on Bollywood cinema's depictions of violence, sexuality, crime, social vice, and romance / David J. Schaefer and Kavita Karan
- The changing face of Indian women in the era of global Bollywood / Divya Anujan, David J. Schaefer, and Kavita Karan
- Bollywood cinema and contemporary audiences: surveying viewer perceptions and practices / David J. Schaefer and Kavita Karan
- Cultural connections in a globalized world: the power of Bollywood in the United States / Kavita Karan
- Emotional arousal and Bollywood: assessing cortical activation for violent, sexual, and romantic content in popular Hindi cinema / David J. Schaefer ... [et al.].