From the revolution to the maquiladoras gender, labor, and globalization in Nicaragua
From the revolution to the maquiladoras [electronic resource] : gender, labor, and globalization in Nicaragua / Jennifer Bickham Mendez.
|Main author:||Méndez, Jennifer Bickham.|
Connect to electronic book via ebrary.
Table of Contents:
- "Just us and our worms": the working and unemployed women's movement, "María Elena Cuadra"
- Oppositional politics in Nicaragua and the formation of MEC
- Gendering power and resistance in an era of globalization
- "Autonomous but organized": MEC's search for an organizational structure
- "Rompiendo esquemas": MEC's political strategies and the free trade zone
- MEC and the postsocialist state: democracy, rights, and citizenship under globalization
- Resistance goes global: power and opposition in an age of globalization.