Cultural memory and early civilization : writing, remembrance, and political imagination
Cultural memory and early civilization : writing, remembrance, and political imagination / Jan Assmann.
|Main author:||Assmann, Jan.|
Table of Contents:
- Pt. 1. The theoretical basis
- Memory culture
- Written culture
- Cultural identity and political imagination
- pt. 2. Case studies
- Israel and the invention of religion
- The birth of history from the spirit of the law
- Greece and disciplined thinking
- Cultural memory : a summary.