Resistance on the national stage : modern theater and politics in late new order Indonesia
Resistance on the national stage : modern theater and politics in late new order Indonesia / Michael Bodden.
|Main author:||Bodden, Michael.|
Table of Contents:
- The modern national theater and the Indonesian new order state
- Indonesian grassroots theater : Arena Teater, rural development, and the travails of creating a media for the people
- Asas Tunggal and laughter in the mosque : Indonesian Islamic theater on the national stage
- Teater Sae, Teater Kubur, and avant-garde performances of urban alienation
- The limits of Bahasa Indonesia and Teater Payung Hitam's "theater of pain" : crisis of representation of the nation and political allegory
- Workers' theater and theater about workers in 1990s Indonesia
- Staged openness : theater and censorship in Indonesia's 1990s era of Keterbukaan.