Violent belongings : partition, gender, and national culture in postcolonial India
Violent belongings : partition, gender, and national culture in postcolonial India / Kavita Daiya.
|Main author:||Daiya, Kavita, 1970-|
Table of Contents:
- Train to Pakistan 2007: decolonization, partition, and identity in the transnational public sphere
- Re-gendering the nation: masculinity, romance, and secular citizenship
- A crisis made flesh: women, honor, and national coupledom
- We were never refugees: migrants and citizens in the postcolonial state
- War and peace: Pakistan and ethnic citizenship in Bollywood cinema
- Provincializing the nation: state violence and transnational belongings in the diaspora .