East Asia and the global economy : Japan's ascent, with implications for China's future
East Asia and the global economy : Japan's ascent, with implications for China's future / Stephen G. Bunker and Paul S. Ciccantell.
|Main author:||Bunker, Stephen G., 1944-|
|Other authors:||Ciccantell, Paul S., 1965-|
Table of Contents:
- Growth and crisis in the Japanese economy
- New historical materialism and economic ascent and hegemony in the capitalist world-economy
- Japan after World War II and the creation of the Midas/steel/ships nexus
- Creating Japan's coal-exporting peripheries
- Replicating Japan's new model of raw materials periphery formation in iron ore
- Transporting coal and iron ore and closing the virtuous cycle of generative sectors in Japan
- Japan's economic ascent, the restructuring of global markets and reorganizing nature, and the future of the capitalist world-economy.