Table of Contents:
- Conceptions of immigration and citizenship
- The development of immigration policy in a European context
- Refugee and asylum policy: heading for a crisis?
- The sans-papiers movement: mobilisation through illegality
- Immigrants' rights: the changing boundaries of citizenship
- Women immigrants and asylum seekers: facing a double burden of insecurity
- The affaire des foulards: Islam, integration and secularism
- Racism and discrimination: a failure of anti-racism in France?