A different shade of colonialism : Egypt, Great Britain, and the mastery of the Sudan
A different shade of colonialism : Egypt, Great Britain, and the mastery of the Sudan / Eve M. Troutt Powell.
|Main author:||Powell, Eve Troutt.|
Table of Contents:
- Journeys from the fantastic to the colonial
- Black servants and saviors : the domestic empire of Egypt
- The lived experience of contradiction : Ibrahīm Fawzī's narrative of the Sudan
- The tools of the master : slavery, family, and the unity of the Nile Valley
- Egyptians in blackface : revolution and popular culture, World War I to 1925.