Constructing racialized selves : youth, identity, and popular culture in South Africa
Constructing racialized selves : youth, identity, and popular culture in South Africa / Nadine E. Dolby.
Constructing race :
|Main author:||Dolby, Nadine E.|
Table of Contents:
- Rethinking Selves: Identities and Change
- Historical Frames: Apartheid, Identity, and Schooling
- Daily Life at Fernwood
- Shifting Ground: The Changing Context of Race at Fernwood
- Creating Race: The Role of Taste in Youth's Production of Identities
- Borderwork: Conflict and Connection
- The Texture of the Border: Portraits of Individual Students
- The Futures of Race
- Negotiating Place: Reflections on Method, Theory, and Being There.