Table of Contents:
- Part I: Ethno-nationalism and the ideology of the postcolonial state
- Geneses of ethno-nationalism in postcolonial states
- Minorities and the 'ideology' of the postcolonial state
- Part II: International law and the postcolonial state
- The postcolonial 'national' state : boundaries and international law
- The postcolonial 'liberal' state : self-determination, minorities and international law
- The postcolonial 'developmental' state : minority perspectives and international law.