Prince, pen, and sword : Eurasian perspectives
Prince, pen, and sword : Eurasian perspectives / edited by Maaike van Berkel, Jeroen Duindam.
|Other authors:||Berkel, Maaike van, (Editor)Duindam, Jeroen Frans Jozef, 1962- (Editor)|
Click here to view record
Table of Contents:
- Rulers and elites in global history : introductory observations / Jeroen Duindam
- The court as a meeting point : cohesion, competition, control / Jeroen Duindam
- Not of this world ...? Religious power and imperial rule in Eurasia, ca. thirteenth
- ca. eighteenth century / Peter Rietbergen
- The warband in the making of Eurasian empires / Jos Gommans
- The people of the pen : self-perceptions of status and role in the administration of empires and polities / Maaike van Berkel
- The Golden Horde, the Spanish Habsburg monarchy, and the construction of ruling dynasties / Marie Favereau Doumenjou and Liesbeth Geevers
- Narratives of kingship in fictional literature / Richard van Leeuwen
- Prince, pen and sword : Eurasian perspectives / Jeroen Duindam.