Chinese new media cultures in transition : Weibo and the Carnivalesque
Chinese new media cultures in transition : Weibo and the Carnivalesque / Minghua Wu.
|Main author:||Wu, Minghua, 1979- (Author)|
Table of Contents:
- Carnivalesque discourse: analysing civic participation in Chinese social media
- Media regulation: an ongoing campaign
- Weiguan and Meizhi: modes of civic participation in contemporary China
- Playing word games: subversive pleasures through civic participation media events
- A case study of China's 2011 high-speed train accident
- Chinese social media, empowerment and the new sense of entitlement: case studies of Panbi and can I swear?