Advances in comparative-historical analysis
|Off-campus access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS ID and password.|
|Click here to view record|
Advances in comparative-historical analysis / edited by James Mahoney and Kathleen Thelen.
|Other authors:||Mahoney, James, 1968- (Editor)Thelen, Kathleen Ann, (Editor)|
Click here to view record
Table of Contents:
- PART I. INTRODUCTION.
- Comparative-historical analysis in contemporary political science / Kathleen Thelen and James Mahoney
- PART II. AGENDA-SETTING WORK.
- The developmental state is dead : long live the developmental state! / Stephan Haggard
- Coalitions, policies, and distribution : Esping-Andersen's three worlds of welfare capitalism / Jane Gingrich
- Not just what but when (and how) : comparative-historical approaches to authoritarian durability / Steven Levitsky and Lucan A. Way
- PART III. TOOLS FOR TEMPORAL ANALYSIS.
- Power and path dependence / Paul Pierson
- Critical junctures and institutional change / Giovanni Capoccia
- Drift and conversion : hidden faces of institutional change / Jacob S. Hacker, Paul Pierson and Kathleen Thelen
- PART IV. ISSUES OF METHOD.
- The comparative sequential method / Tulia G. Falleti and James Mahoney
- Nested analysis : towards the integration of comparative-historical analysis with other social science methods / Evan S. Lieberman
- Epilogue : comparative-historical analysis : past, present, future / Wolfgang Streeck.