The possessive investment in whiteness : how white people profit from identity politics
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
The possessive investment in whiteness : how white people profit from identity politics / George Lipsitz.
|Main author:||Lipsitz, George, (Author)|
|Corporate Authors:||Ebook Central Academic Complete.|
Twentieth anniversary edition.
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- The changing same : introduction to the twentieth anniversary edition
- Bill Moore's body
- The possessive investment in whiteness
- Law and order : civil rights laws and white privilege
- Immigrant labor and identity politics
- Whiteness and war
- How whiteness works : inheritance, wealth, and health
- White fragility, white failure, white fear
- A pigment of the imagination
- White desire : remembering Robert Johnson
- Lean on me : beyond identity politics
- Finding families of resemblance : 'Frantic to join . . . the Japanese army'"
- California : the Mmississippi of the 1990s
- Change the focus and reverse the hypnosis : learning from New Orleans
- White lives, white lies.