The conservation movement : a history of architectural preservation : antiquity to modernity
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
The conservation movement : a history of architectural preservation : antiquity to modernity / Miles Glendinning.
|Main author:||Glendinning, Miles, 1956-|
|Corporate Author:||Ebook Central Academic Complete., ProQuest (Firm)|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- pt. I. Pre-1789 : Foundations of the movement : care for old buildings in the pre-modern age
- part II. 1789-1914 : Growth of the movement : first modern ideologies of conservation
- part III. 1914-45 : Crisis of the movement : mass heritage, mass destruction
- part IV. 1945-89 : Heyday of the movement : parallel narratives of postwar preservation
- part V. Post-1989 : The contemporary story.