Making the new Middle East : politics, culture, and human rights
Making the new Middle East : politics, culture, and human rights / edited by Valerie J. Hoffman.
|Other authors:||Hoffman, Valerie J. 1954- (Editor)|
Table of Contents:
- Part One. Religion, politics, and society in the Middle East
- Religion and politics in the Arab Spring and its aftermath / Valerie J. Hoffman
- The Islamic Republic and the politics of the new Middle East / Behrooz Ghamari-Tabrizi
- The military, the Islamists, and the battle over Egypt's constitution / Feisal G. Mohamed
- Old and new battles for Turkish national identity / Joshua D. Hendrick
- Security challenges in Tunisia, Libya, Morocco, and Algeria in the wake of the Arab uprisings / Ramazan Erdağ
- Part Two. Human rights in the Middle East
- Islam, non-Muslim minorities, and human rights in the Middle East / Valerie J. Hoffman
- Regime ruptures and sectarian eruptions in post-Mubarak Egypt / Mariz Tadros
- The Palestinians : justice denied / Cheryl A. Rubenberg
- Part Three. Gender dynamics : what has changed?
- Gender norms in the Muslim Middle East / Valerie J. Hoffman
- The politics of gender equality in Turkey / Gül Aldıkaçtı Marshall
- Between a rock and a hard place : the "Arab Spring," women, and lessons from Iran / Haideh Moghissi
- Part Four. Media and cultural expressions
- State-sponsored media, cultural production, and information wars : the case of Iran / Niki Akhavan
- The power of corruption and the corruption of power : the Arabic historical novel in Morocco (and elsewhere) / Roger Allen
- From Sayed Darwish to MC Sadat : sonic cartographies of the Egyptian uprising / Ted Swedenburg.