Hadith : Muhammad's legacy in the medieval and modern world
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.|
Hadith : Muhammad's legacy in the medieval and modern world / Jonathan A.C. Brown.
|Main author:||Brown, Jonathan|
Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.
Table of Contents:
- The Prophet's words then and now: hadith and its terminology
- The transmission and collection of prophetic traditions
- The methods and history of Hadith criticism
- Prophetic traditions in Shiite Islam
- The function of prophetic traditions in Islamic law and legal theory
- The function of prophetic traditions in theology
- The function of prophetic traditions in Sufism
- The authenticity question: Western debates over the historical reliability of prophetic traditions
- Debates over prophetic traditions in the modern Muslim world