The Seleukid Empire, 281-222 BC : war within the family
The Seleukid Empire, 281-222 BC : war within the family / edited by Kyle Erickson.
|Other authors:||Erickson, Kyle, (Editor, Contributor)Mitchell, Stephen, 1948- (Contributor)McAuley, Alex, (Contributor)D'Agostini, Monica, (Contributor)Wright, Nicholas L., (Contributor)Holton, John Russell, (Contributor)Strootman, Rolf, (Contributor)Wenghofer, Richard, (Contributor)Engels, David, (Contributor)Coşkun, Altay, (Contributor)|
Table of Contents:
- Introduction / Kyle Erickson
- Dispelling Seleukid phantoms : Macedonians in western Asia Minor from Alexander to the Attalids / Stephen Mitchell
- The House of Achaios : reconstructing an early client dynasty of Seleukid Anatolia / Alex McAuley
- Asia Minor and the many shades of a civil war. Observations on Achaios the Younger and his claim to the kingdom of Anatolia / Monica D'Agostini
- Seleukos, Zeus and the dynastic cult at Seleukia in Pieria / Nicholas L. Wright
- The ideology of Seleukid joint kingship : the case of Seleokos, son on Antiochus I / John Russell Holton
- The coming of ther Parthians : crisis and resilience in the reign of Seleukos II / Rolf Strootman
- Rethinking the relationship between Hellenistic Baktria and ther Seleukid Empire / Richard Wenghofer
- Iranian identity and Seleukid allegiance : Vahbarz, the Fratraka and early Arsakid coinage / David Engels
- The War of Brothers: the Third Syrian War, and the Battle of Ankyra (246-241 BC): a re-appraisal / Altay Coşkun
- Antiochos Soter and the Third Syrian War / Kyle Erickson.