Memory, subjectivity and independent Chinese cinema
|Off-campus access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS ID and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Books at JSTOR|
Memory, subjectivity and independent Chinese cinema / Qi Wang.
|Main author:||Wang, Qi, 1973- (Author)|
Connect to electronic book via Books at JSTOR
Table of Contents:
- Part 1. From the past: subjectivity, memory and narrative
- Toward the figuration of a postsocialist subject
- For a narration of one's own
- Part 2. In the present: camera, documentary and performance
- Surface and edge: the cinema of Jia Zhangke and Lou Ye
- Personal documentary
- Performing bodies in experimental and digital media
- Conclusion: China's luckless but hopeful angels of history.