Table of Contents:
- Preface: What are we talking about when we talk about "Judaism"?
- Part 1: The terms of the debate
- Chapter 1. Debate of the terms
- Part 2: The state of the lexicon: questioning the archive
- Chapter 2. Jewry without Judaism: the stakes of the question
- Chapter 3. Getting medieval Yahadut
- Part 3: A new dispensation: the Christian invention of "Judaism"
- Chapter 4: "Judaism" out of the entrails of Christianity
- Chapter 5. From Yiddishkayt to Judentum; from Judentum to Yahadut; or philology and the transformation of a folk.