The hungry steppe : famine, violence, and the making of Soviet Kazakhstan
The hungry steppe : famine, violence, and the making of Soviet Kazakhstan / Sarah I. Cameron.
|Main author:||Cameron, Sarah I., 1977- (Author)|
Table of Contents:
- The steppe and the sown : peasants, nomads and the transformation of the Kazakh steppe, 1896-1921
- Can you get to socialism by camel? : The fate of pastoral nomadism in Soviet Kazakhstan, 1921-1928
- Kazakhstan's "little October" : the campaign against Kazakh elites, 1928
- Nomads under siege : Kazakhstan and the launch of forced collectivization
- Violence, flight and hunger : the Sino-Kazakh border and the Kazakh famine
- Kazakhstan and the politics of hunger, 1931-1934.