Anthropology in the meantime : experimental ethnography, theory, and method for the twenty-first century
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
Anthropology in the meantime : experimental ethnography, theory, and method for the twenty-first century / Michael M. J. Fischer.
|Main author:||Fischer, Michael M. J., 1946- (Author)|
|Corporate Authors:||Ebook Central bought.|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- Prologue: changing modes of ethnographic authority
- Ethnography in the meantime
- Experimental ethnography in ink, light, sound, and performance
- Ontology and metaphysics are false leads
- Pure logic and typologizing are false leads
- Violence and deep play
- Amazonian ethnography and the politics of renewal
- Ethnic violence, galactic polities, and the great transformation
- Tone and tuning
- Health care in India
- Anthropology and philosophy
- Temporalities and recursivities
- Changing media of ethnographic writing
- Recalling writing culture
- Anthropological modes of concern
- Epilogue: third spaces and ethnography in the anthropocene.