Seeking out the land : land of Israel traditions in ancient Jewish, Christian and Samaritan literature (200 BCE-400 CE)
|Off-campus access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS ID and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Brill Online.|
Seeking out the land : land of Israel traditions in ancient Jewish, Christian and Samaritan literature (200 BCE-400 CE) / by Ze'ev Safrai.
|Main author:||Safrai, Zeev, (Author)|
Connect to electronic book via Brill Online.
Table of Contents:
- The approach of the Ancients to the Bible
- The geography of the Land in Second Temple literature
- The description of the Land of Israel in Josephus' works
- The Land in rabbinic literature
- The evolution of the concept of the sanctity of the Land
- The Land in Early Christian literature
- The Land in Samaritan literature
- Jewish and Christian sacred sites in the Holy Land
- Concern with the Land in the Roman-Byzantine period: an overview.