Marriage, sex, and family in Judaism
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.|
Marriage, sex, and family in Judaism / edited by Michael J. Broyde and Michael Ausubel.
|Other authors:||Broyde, Michael J., (Editor)Ausubel, Michael, (Editor)Berger, Michael S., (Contributor)Blumenthal, David, (Contributor)Dorff, Elliot, (Contributor)Novak, David, (Contributor)Riccett, Angela, (Contributor)Wertheimer, Jack, (Contributor)|
Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.
Table of Contents:
- 1. Marriage, Sex, and Family in the Jewish Tradition: A Historical Overview / Michael S. Berger
- 2. The Images of Women in the Hebrew Bible / David R. Blumenthal
- 3. Jewish Marriage: Nature, Covenant, and Contract / David Novak
- 4. Jewish Law and the Abandonment of Marriage: Diverse Models of Sexuality and Reproduction in the Jewish View, and the Return to Monogamy in the Modern Era / Michael J. Broyde
- 5. Two Models of Medieval Jewish Marriage: A Preliminary Study / Michael S. Berger
- 6. Maimonides on Sex and Marriage / Michael S. Berger
- 7. Prenuptial Agreements in Talmudic, Medieval, and Modern Jewish Thought / Jonathan Reiss and Michael J. Broyde
- 8. The Jewish Family in America: Contemporary Challenges and Traditional Resources / Elliot N. Dorff
- 9. What Is a Jewish Family? Changing Rabbinic Views / Jack Wertheimer
- 10. A Break in the Path: Lesbian Relationships and Jewish Law / Angela J. Riccetti
- 11. Modern Reproductive Technologies and Jewish Law / Michael J. Broyde
- About the Editors and Contributors.