Governing Islam : law, empire, and secularism in modern south Asia
|Off-campus access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS ID and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Cambridge Core.|
Governing Islam : law, empire, and secularism in modern south Asia / Julia Stephens, Rutgers University, New Jersey.
|Main author:||Stephens, Julia Anne, (Author)|
|Corporate Authors:||Cambridge Books Online|
Connect to electronic book via Cambridge Core.
Table of Contents:
- Forging secular legal governance
- Personal law and the problem of marital property
- Taming custom
- Ritual and the authority of reason
- Pathologizing Muslim sentiment
- Islamic economy : a forgone alternative