Familial properties : gender, state, and society in early modern Vietnam, 1463-1778
Familial properties : gender, state, and society in early modern Vietnam, 1463-1778 / Nhung Tuyet Tran.
|Main author:||Tran, Nhung Tuyet, (author.)|
Table of Contents:
- Articulating the gender system : economy, society, and the state
- Dutiful wives, nurturing mothers, and filial children : marriage as affairs of state, village, and family
- Female bodies, sexual activity, and the sociopolitical order
- Inheritance, succession, and autonomy in the property regime
- Buying an election : preparing for the afterlife
- Visions of the future, constructions of the past : paradigms of Vietnamese womanhood.