God, hierarchy, and power : Orthodox theologies of authority from Byzantium
God, hierarchy, and power : Orthodox theologies of authority from Byzantium / Ashley M. Purpura.
|Main author:||Purpura, Ashley M., (Author)|
Table of Contents:
- Challenge of hierarchy for orthodoxy
- Dionysius the Areopagite's divinizing hierarchy
- Maximus the Confessor and Christological realization
- Niketas Stethatos's hierarchic re-imaging
- Nicholas Cabasilas and embodied authority
- Thearchical power in theory and practice.