Women and Men in the Qur'ān
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.|
Women and Men in the Qur'ān / by Asma Lamrabet.
|Main author:||Lamrabet, Asma, (Author)|
Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Beyond the Problematic of "the Muslim Woman"
- Chapter 3 The Qur'ānic Revelation in Seventh Century Arabia
- Chapter 4 An Alternative Approach to the Qur'ān
- Chapter 5 The Creation of Humanity
- Chapter 6 The Construction of Human Civilization
- Chapter 7 Moral Integrity as an Evaluation Criteria
- Chapter 8 The Egalitarian Call of the Qur'ān
- Chapter 9 The Qur'ānic Ethic of the Marital Union
- Chapter 10 The Principles of Divorce in the Qur'ān
- Chapter 11 The Shared Responsibility of Men and Women
- Chapter 12 The Management of Public and Private Spheres
- Chapter 13 The Basic Verses on Inheritance
- Chapter 14 Foundations of Corporal Ethic
- Chapter 15 The Equality of In-Court Testimony
- Chapter 16 Why Is There a Lag?
- Chapter 17 What Alternative Possibilities?
- Chapter 18 Equality, the Time of a Revelation.