American policy toward Israel : the power and limits of beliefs
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.|
American policy toward Israel : the power and limits of beliefs / Michael Thomas.
|Main author:||Thomas, Michael Tracy, (Author)|
Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.
Table of Contents:
- Explaining the extra-special relationship
- The pro-Israel community prior to 1981
- Pro-Israel policy networks and the congressional playing field
- Ronald Reagan : beliefs and policies
- The AWACS sale : testing beliefs and political capabilities
- The metamorphosis of the lobby, 1981-1988 : strength and division
- Reagan after AWACS : policy as the product of unexamined beliefs and political constraint
- George H.W. Bush, James Baker and Israel
- The loan guarantees : new equilibrium, old result
- Epilogue : George W. Bush : the war leader and the true believers.