The late antique world of early Islam : Muslims among Christians and Jews in the East Mediterranean
The late antique world of early Islam : Muslims among Christians and Jews in the East Mediterranean / edited by Robert G. Hoyland.
|Other authors:||Hoyland, Robert G., 1966- (Editor)|
Table of Contents:
- Social groups.
- Minority representation in the Futūḥ Miṣr of Ibn ʻAbd al-Hakam: origins and roles /
- Edward Coghill
- Greek as a minority language in early Islamic Egypt /
- Janneke De Jong and Alain Delattre
- Christian women in Muslim Egypt: a public minority /
- Gesa Schenke.
- The scholiasts speak: how middle Byzantine jurists construed the legal status of Jews /
- Zachary Chitwood
- Christian and Jewish communities in Fusṭāṭ: non-Muslim topography and legal controversies in the pre-Fatimid period /
- Audrey Dridi
- Dispensing justice in a minority context: the judicial administrtion of upper Egypt under Muslim rule in the early eighth century /
- Mathieu Tillier
- Polygyny and east Syrian law: local practices and ecclesiastical tradition /
- Lev Weitz.
- Material culture.
- Tracing influences in Mozarabic material culture: building technology in 8-10th century Hispanic churches /
- Isaac Sastre de Diego and María Ángeles Utrero
- The monasteries of the Wādī al-Naṭrūn between Alexandria and Fusṭāṭ: a long transition viewed from the pottery (sixth to tenth centuries) /
- Alexandra Konstantinidou
- Paris Syr. 341 and its illustrations /
- Maja Kominko.
- Theology and practice.
- Anastasius of Sinai and Chalcedonian Christian lay piety in the early Islamic Near East /
- Nicholas Marinides
- Portraying early Islam as the milla of Abraham: a look at the tafsīr evidence /
- Jacob Olidort
- Monasticism in early Islamic Palestine: contours of debate /
- Daniel Reynolds
- Islamic legends about the birth monasticism: a case study on the late antique milieu of the Qur'ān and Tafsīr /
- Christian C. Sahner
- The Syriac baptism of St John: a Christian ritual of protection for Muslim children /
- David G.K. Taylor.