The illuminating mirror : Tibetan studies in honour of Per K. Sørensen on the occasion of his 65th birthday
The illuminating mirror : Tibetan studies in honour of Per K. Sørensen on the occasion of his 65th birthday / edited by Olaf Czaja and Guntram Hazod.
|Other authors:||Czaja, Olaf, (Editor)Hazod, Guntram, (Editor)|
Table of Contents:
- May the "Original" Lam rim chen mo please stand up!: a note on its indigenous textual criticism / Leonard W.J. van der Kuijp.
- "The boatman is more beautiful than a god": poetising and singing on the rivers in central and southern Tibet / Diana Lange.
- Considerations on the Gtsug lag khang in the Dpal 'khor chos sde of Rgyal rtse / Erberto F. Lo Bue.
- The Pith Instructions on the Mahāyāna Uttaratantra (Theg chen rgyud bla' i gdams pa)
- A missing link in the meditation tradition of the Maitreya works / Klaus-Dieter Mathes.
- The importance of water in Tibet and its influence on Sa dpyad / Petra Maurer.
- 'We swear our grandparents were there!' (or, what can the sex pistols can tell us about Padmasambhava?): the making of myth in 10th century Tibet and 20th century England / Robert Mayer.
- An introduction to the 'testimony' of the Barfung ('Bar spungs) family: an important source for the study of Sikkim's social and political history / Saul Mullard.
- The demoness's right (or left) knee (or ankle): a pilgrim's account of Traduntse temple from 1898 / Charles Ramble.
- "16 Human Norms" (mi chos bcu drug)
- Indian, Chinese, and Tibetan / Ulrike Roesler.
- Bibliography and cultural history: remarks on the Bka' gdams glegs bam / Marta Sernesi.
- Rescuing history from tantric sex: Tibetan tantric buddhism at the Mongol court of the Great Khans / Shen Weirong.
- Tibetan interpretations of authenticity: the four means of authentication (tshad ma bzhi) belonging to the mantra vehicle in the Sa skya and 'Bri gung traditions / Jan-Ulrich Sobisch.
- Peripheral elites of the eastern Himalayas: The 'Maternal Uncle Lord of Ber mkhar' of Tawang / Lobsang Tenpa.
- Bka' gdams pa religious politics in Dbus: the one hundred years after A ti sha's death / Roberto Vitali.
- Biblioclasm/Libricide in the history of Tibetan Buddhism / Dorji Wangchuk.
- A preliminary survey of the songs of Zhang Tshal pa / Carl S. Yamamoto.