Culture change and ex-change : syncretism and anti-syncretism in Bena, Eastern Highlands, Papua New Guinea
Culture change and ex-change : syncretism and anti-syncretism in Bena, Eastern Highlands, Papua New Guinea / Regina Knapp.
Culture change and exchange
|Main author:||Knapp, Regina, (Author)|
Table of Contents:
- Bena stories, histories and sociality
- Unexpected actions and strategic exchanges : leadership and economy
- In exchange with the world : the concept of person in Bena
- Changing exchanges : Bena life cycle rituals
- Magical practices and their transformations in modern Bena
- Sanguma : the 'essence-suckers'
- In exchange with God : Christianity in modern Bena
- Expect the unexpected : Scientology in Napamogona.