Medieval Jerusalem : forging an Islamic city in spaces sacred to Christians and Jews
Medieval Jerusalem : forging an Islamic city in spaces sacred to Christians and Jews / Jacob Lassner.
|Main author:||Lassner, Jacob, (Author)|
Table of Contents:
- The Holy Land and Jerusalem : singing praise to sacred space
- Jerusalem in the imagination of the prophet and his companions
- The furthest place of worship : Muslim tradition and modern scholarship
- The Islamization of Umayyad Jerusalem : the role of Muawiyah b. Abi Sufyan
- Abd al-Malik and the Temple Mount : revisiting S.D. Goitein and Oleg Grabar
- The so-called Umayyad administrative center
- The Dome of the Rock and Arabic historiography
- The meaning of the Dome of the Rock
- Religion and local politics : praising native abodes
- Appendix : The early caliphs, 632-833 CE.