Opium, empire, and the global political economy : a study of the Asian opium trade, 1750-1950
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.|
Opium, empire, and the global political economy : a study of the Asian opium trade, 1750-1950 / Carl A. Trocki.
|Main author:||Trocki, Carl A.|
Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.
Table of Contents:
- Weights and measures
- The dream of empire
- All the drowsy syrups of the world
- Cleverer than alchemists
- In compassion to mankind
- The most gentlemanlike speculation
- In the hands of Jews and Armenians
- A matter of considerably greater solicitude
- The most long-continued and systematic international crime
- Appendix 1
- The literature of the opium trade
- Appendix 2
- A comment on the Jardine Matheson "Opium Circulars"
- Appendix 3
- Englebert Kaempfer's comments on opium from his "Amoenitatum Exoticarum"
- Appendix 4
- The economics of Malwa opium cultivation