Depicting the late Ottoman Empire in Turkish autobiographies : images of a past world
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.|
|Item has been ordered for the library.|
Depicting the late Ottoman Empire in Turkish autobiographies : images of a past world / Philipp Wirtz.
|Main author:||Wirtz, Philipp, (Author)|
Connect to electronic book via dawsonera.
Table of Contents:
- Why write autobiography?
- Origins, backgrounds and beginnings
- Presenting Ottoman childhoods
- Education: reminiscences of school
- End of empire: revolution, unrest and war
- Post-Ottoman autobiography for western audiences
- Conclusion: remembering lost Ottoman worlds.