Religion in the Achaemenid Persian empire : emerging Judaisms and trends
Religion in the Achaemenid Persian empire : emerging Judaisms and trends / edited by Diana Edelman, Anne Fitzpatrick-McKinley, and Philippe Guillaume.
|Other authors:||Edelman, Diana Vikander, 1954- (Editor)Fitzpatrick-McKinley, Anne, (Editor)Guillaume, Philippe, 1960- (Editor)|
Table of Contents:
- Part 1.
- Trends in Emerging Judaisms.
- Creating Dialectical Tensions: Religious Developments in Persian-Period Yehud Reflected in Biblical Texts /
- James Anderson
- Monotheism, Empire, and the Cult(s) of Yehud in the Persian Period /
- Philip R. Davies
- Were Persian-Period "Israelites" Bound by Ethnicity or Religious Affiliation? The Case of the Southern Transjordan /
- Russell Hobson
- Non-violent Re-readings of Israel's Foundational Traditions in the Persian Period (the Calendar System in P) /
- Philippe Guillaume
- Josiah as Religious Peg for Persian-Period Jews and Judaism /
- Lowell Handy
- A Religious REvolution Devours Its Children: The Iconography of the Persian-Period Cuboid Incense Burners /
- Christian Frevel an Katharina Pyschny.
- Part II.
- Other Religious Trends in the Persian Empire.
- Continuity between Assyrian and Persian Policies toward the Cults of Their Subjects /
- Anne Fitzpatrick-McKinley /
- Was There an Achaemenid "Theology" of Kingship? The Intersections of Mythology, Religion, and Imperial Religious Policy /
- Jason M. Silverman
- Religion, Empire and Mutilation: A Cross-Religious Perspective on Achaemenid Mutilation Practices /
- Yannick Muller
- Iconography on Double-Shekel Sidonian Coinage in the Persian Period: Is it a God or a King in the Chariot? /
- Diana V. Edelman
- Whose Rites and Whose Wrongs? Religious Contributions of Contingents within the Persian Navy /
- Mark Christian
- Beyond the Persian Tolerance Policy: Great Kings and Egyptian Gods during the Achaemenid Period /
- Damien Agut-Labordère
- Achaemenid Persian Patronage of Egyptian Cults and Religious Institutions in the Twenty-seventh Dynasty: A Study of Political Acumen in the Ancient World /
- Jared Krebsbach
- Religious Practices and Seal Imagery in Achaemenid Hellespontine Phrygia /
- Deniz Kaptan.