The ideal refugees : gender, Islam, and the Sahrawi politics of survival
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
The ideal refugees : gender, Islam, and the Sahrawi politics of survival / Elena Fiddian-Qasmiyeh.
|Main author:||Fiddian-Qasmiyeh, Elena, 1978-|
|Corporate Authors:||Ebook Central bought.|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction : the "ideal" refugees
- Engendering the colonial encounter
- The Sahrawi refugee camps : international and solidarity networks
- Emerging discourse : concealing Islam
- Secular sisters, Muslim others, and the politics of survival
- Discursive silences, "ideal women", and directing aid