Islam, Europe and emerging legal issues
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
Islam, Europe and emerging legal issues [electronic resource] / edited by W. Cole Durham ... [et al.].
|Corporate Author:||Ebook Central bought., ProQuest (Firm)|
|Other authors:||Durham, W. Cole, 1948-|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- Islam, the European Court of Human rights and democracy in Europe: overview. Islam in Strasbourg: can politics substitute for law? / Javier Martínez-Torrón
- The European court, Islam and competing modes of secularism. The European Court of Human Rights: between fundamentalist and liberal secularism / Ingvill Plesner
- The Islamic headscarf: reflections and general propositions. Wearing the hijab: some reflections from a Muslim woman's perspective / Amal Idrissi
- International human rights law and the Islamic headscarf: a short note on the positions of the European Court of Human Rights and the Human Rights Committee / Martin Scheinin
- European approaches to the islamic headscarf controversy. The hijab in Strasbourg: clear conclusions, unclear reasoning / Njål Høstmælingen
- Religious symbols in public schools: the Islamic headscarf and the European Court of Human Rights decision in Şahin v. Turkey / T. Jeremy Gunn
- The Strasbourg court dealing with Turkey and the human right to freedom of religion or belief: an assessment in light of Leyla Şahin v. Turkey / Tore Lindholm
- The religious headscarf (hijab) and access to employment under Norwegian antidiscrimination laws / Ronald Craig
- The headscarf issue: a German perspective / Richard Puza
- The european court and the limits of pluralism: the welfare party case. The dubious foundations of the Refah decision / Ann Elizabeth Mayer
- Refah revisited: Strasbourg's construction of Islam / Christian Moe
- The principle of legal pluralism and militant democracy / Javid Gadirov
- The European Court's freedom of association cases and the implications for islam / Lance Lehnhof.