Theory and method in religious studies : contemporary approaches to the study of religion
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
Theory and method in religious studies : contemporary approaches to the study of religion / edited by Frank Whaling.
|Corporate Authors:||Ebook Central Academic Complete.|
|Other authors:||Whaling, Frank, 1934-|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- Historical and phenomenological approaches to the study of religion : some major developments and issues under debate since 1950 /
- Ursula King
- The scientific study of religion in its plurality /
- Ninian Smart
- The study of religion in a global context /
- Frank Whaling
- Psychological approaches /
- David M. Wulff
- Sociological approaches /
- Günter Kehrer and Bert Hardin
- Cultural anthropological approaches /
- Jarich Oosten
- Cultural anthropology and the many functions of religion /
- Wouter E.A. van Beek.