Tell this in my memory stories of enslavement from Egypt, Sudan, and the Ottoman Empire
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
Tell this in my memory [electronic resource] : stories of enslavement from Egypt, Sudan, and the Ottoman Empire / Eve M. Troutt Powell.
|Main author:||Powell, Eve Troutt.|
|Corporate Author:||Ebook Central Academic Complete., ProQuest (Firm)|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- Prologue : 'abid : a word with a long history
- Public workers, private properties: slaves in 'Ali Mubarak's historical records
- Babikr Bedri's long march with authority
- How Salim C. Wilson wrote his own enslavement
- Huda and Halide and the slaves at bedtime
- Black mothers and fathers, sanctified by slavery
- The country of Saint Josephine Bakhita
- Epilogue : laws of return.