The church in the barrio Mexican American ethno-Catholicism in Houston
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
The church in the barrio [electronic resource] : Mexican American ethno-Catholicism in Houston / Roberto R. Treviño.
|Main author:||Treviño, Roberto R.|
|Corporate Author:||Ebook Central Academic Complete., ProQuest (Firm)|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- Tejano Catholicism and Houston's Mexican American community
- Ethno-Catholicism : empowerment and way of life
- The poor Mexican : church perceptions of Texas Mexicans
- Answering the call of the people : patterns of institutional growth
- In their own way : parish funding and ethnic identity
- The church in the barrio : the evolution of Catholic social action
- Faith and justice : the church and the Chicano movement.