The uniqueness of Western civilization
|Restrictions on access to electronic version: access available to SOAS staff and students only, using SOAS id and password.|
|Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.|
The uniqueness of Western civilization [electronic resource] / by Ricardo Duchesne.
|Main author:||Duchesne, Ricardo.|
|Corporate Author:||Ebook Central Academic Complete., ProQuest (Firm)|
Connect to electronic book via Ebook Central.
Table of Contents:
- The fall of Western civilization and the rise of multicultural world history
- Eurocentrism over Sinocentrism
- Whence the industrial divergence?
- The continuous creativity of Europe
- The "rise" of Western reason and freedom
- The restlessness of the Western spirit from a Hegelian perspective
- The aristocratic egalitarianism of Indo-Europeans and the primordial origins of Western civilization
- The emergence of the self from the Western "state of nature" and the conciliation of Christianity and aristocratic liberty.